Comment on page
Here you will find information on how failed payments work in Stripe and the different stages of collection attempts.
We use Stripe to manage the payments of your subscriptions.
There can be situations where a payment may fail due to various reasons:
- The card has expired
- The issuing bank rejects the payment
- An incorrect card number was introduced
- The card has insufficient funds, etc.
When these situations occur, once it is time for your subscription renewal, if there is any error as the ones mentioned above, Stripe considers this as a failed payment.
When this happens, Stripe will make various attempts to charge the same card until the payment is either successful or failed completely.
- After the first failed payment, Stripe will make various attempts to charge the same card. If the payment is not successful during the following 10 days after the first failed payment, the account will be Disabled.
- After 17 days from the first failed payment, if Stripe does not succeed in getting the payment through, it will list it as Failed and will no longer attempt to charge the card. If this happens, the account will be automatically canceled.
Please note that you will only be able to access your billing details only via the Billing app, as you will not be able to log into your account. To know how to change your billing details, please see this article.
In this case, you will need to pay the due invoice(s), in order to clear the account, and a new subscription will be created and you will also need to pay for it.
We will send you email notifications after each failed payment attempt, this will be a total of 3 emails. If the invoice is not cleared by then, the account will be canceled, and we will also send you a confirmation email regarding the cancelation.